Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is required in the workplan and the completion report?
Applicants are to share all activities planned for the duration of the project
2. What can be counted as a YED activity?
A YED activity must be aligned with the year’s YED topic. Please click here to find out more about the YED topic for 2020.
3. Can a project be considered for the Call for Ideas Fund (CIF) /3P Partnership Fund (PF) if it has been included in the workplan for the EFIHL submission?
NEA does not support double funding of projects. While applicants may include their workplan projects in the EFIHL application, they should clearly state which project(s) would be seeking CIF/PF. Consequently, applicant should not seek funding support for those project(s) from more than one fund (EFIHL, CIF, PF).
4. I am a new applicant for the EFIHL. What are the things that I need to take note of?
We encourage all new applicants to read through the grant criteria and to speak to the respective staff advisor(s), and get his/her endorsement to apply for the EFIHL.
Upon approval, funds would be transferred to the environment group via the staff advisor’s office account. Environment groups are encouraged to check with the staff advisors from the IHL on the procedure in which the funds would be received.
5. How do I start a student environmental group in my IHL?
You may wish to speak to a staff member in yout IHL (eg. student affairs/student life/faculty offices/research centres) who may advise you on the environmental issues that you may want to focus on and how to start and sustain an environmental group in your IHL. NEA encourages more youths to take part in environmental activities, and the grant will be extended to groups that fit the criteria.
6. I am a staff adviser. What are the things I need to take note of when applying for the EFIHL?
All interested staff advisers should read through the EFIHL criteria, and evaluate if the clubs are able to fulfil them. In addition, the staff adviser must assess the sustainability of the environment group, and if the group has the capacity to improve on their projects with additional funds.
The disbursement of grant will be done through the staff adviser, and the staff adviser should ensure that the necessary financial arrangements can be made. First time applicants will be required to submit a Direct Credit Authorisation form for NEA to provide bank details for the fund transfer.
7. Is GST (Goods and Services Tax) supported under the EFIHL?
No, GST incurred by the applicant is not supported by the grant.
For enquiries, you may write in to us at NEA_3P_Funds@nea.gov.sg