Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is ILOOMINATION about?
ILOOMINATION is a design competition for tertiary students, organised and run by NEA, to promote safe sanitation and hygiene in public toilets.
2. Must I register as a group? Can I participate as an individual?
It is not compulsory to register as a group. You can participate as an individual. However, we highly encourage competitors to form groups of up to 5 members possessing complementary skill sets.
3. Can I register even though I’m not a design, engineering, or architecture student?
Tertiary students from all disciplines are welcome to apply.
4. Is there any competition fee?
There is no competition fee to enter and participate for this Competition.
5. Should I expect a confirmation that my registration has been accepted?
Upon successful registration, an email confirmation will be sent out within 24 hours to acknowledge receipt of submission.
6. After the Registration deadline, can we change the members of our Group?
Any changes to the composition of members for a Group will not be accepted.
7. Who is eligible to take part?
This Competition is open to all tertiary students in Singapore, currently studying in one of the Institutes of Higher Learning listed below. You must be a Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident to take part in this Competition.
Institutes of Higher Learning:
- DigiPen Institute of Technology Singapore
- École Supérieure des Sciences Economiques et Commerciales
- German Institute of Science and Technology - TUM Asia
- INSEAD (Singapore)
- Institute of Technical Education
- LASALLE College of the Arts
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- Nanyang Polytechnic
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Ngee Ann Polytechnic
- Republic Polytechnic
- Singapore Institute of Technology
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore Polytechnic
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Sorbonne-Assas International Law School
- SP Jain School of Global Management
- Temasek Polytechnic
8. Is there any age restriction for this Competition?
This Competition is open to tertiary students age 35 and below. Consent from parent(s) or guardian(s) is required for participants under age 18. The parent or guardian of the said participant is required to sign the Parent Consent Form found under www.cgs.gov.sg/iloomination/join-now.
9. My family member is one of the judges, can I participate in this Competition still?
No. Immediate family members of judges or organizing committee are prohibited from participating in this Competition.
10. My family member is an employee at one of the judges’ firms. However, he has not been involved with the preparation or organization of the Competition. Can I participate in this Competition?
No. Immediate family members of employees at the judges’ firms are prohibited from participating in this Competition.
11. Do I retain the copyright of my submitted design?
You retain the full copyright to your submitted design, subject to Clause 6 under Terms and Conditions found under www.cgs.gov.sg/iloomination/join-now.
12. My team is planning to submit other materials such as 3D-Animation and Physical Model in Phase 1 as part of our proposal; will we be disregarded if we do so?
All supporting materials and references should be included as part of your proposal, within the same Portable Document Format (PDF).
13. If I can’t draw in 3D, can’t use Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator, can I still take part in the competition?
Participants need to be able to illustrate their designs. Although 3D drawings are highly recommended, participants are not required to use any specific design software.