Citizens' Workgroup's recommendation report
The Citizens' Workgroup concluded on 16 Jan 2021 when the participants submitted their recommendations to Senior Minister of State for the Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment, Dr Amy Khor. You may watch the presentation here or download the report.
MSE and NEA's response to the recommendations
On 10 Apr 2021, MSE and NEA responded to the recommendations. You may watch the presentation here or download the report.
Updates on Supported Citizens’ Workgroup Recommendations
Arising from the Citizens’ Workgroup recommendations supported by MSE and NEA, the following items have been carried out:
1. Announcement of a disposable carrier bag charge at supermarkets to be implemented from mid-2023, to encourage more sustainable consumption. Read the media release here.
2. Co-delivery of a "Reduction of Disposables" checklist for F&B establishments with Plastic-Lite Singapore, which serves as a voluntary guideline of best practices for F&B establishments to adopt in reducing disposables in their operations.
The different versions of the checklist are available for download below.
3. Co-delivery of an educational resource pack for teachers on the topic of reducing disposables by three Citizens’ Workgroup participants and the World Wide Fund for Nature Singapore (WWF), to be used with primary and secondary school students as part of MOE’s Eco Stewardship Programme.
The educational resource pack (28 MB) comprises:
- A presentation slide deck for teachers to use with students
- A handbook to explain how to use the slide deck
- A detailed teacher’s guide, which provides elaboration on the points in the slide deck as well as the suggested activities for each section